Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Teething... The second time around!

It's been a while since I've posted an update!  My baby boy Caleb is now 6.5 months old and a full blown teething baby!!  I thought I would post about teething and the differences between my two kids.

Any other moms of boys get the advice "boys are much easier!"? Well I can attest that it is true EXCEPT for teething!  Caleb is having a rough time with it and only has two teeth so far.   Molly on the other hand, had 5 teeth by 5 months and it never bothered her.  He does bite me less than she did but he is much more cranky!

Other differences I have noticed so far are:
Drool- Caleb has massive amounts of drool, he could probably help fight the drought in California!  It just pours out of his mouth and causes terrible rash under his chin and neck.   Having the hardest time combating the darn rash!   The best thing that's helpd so far is, keeping it as dry as possible and aquaphor eczema therapy ointment.  It's been a life saver!  It's clear and doesn't really have a heavy scent (which I love compared to a&d ointment!)

Fingers in his mouth-  he always needs his fingers or something in his mouth.  He is a huge fan of teething rings and chew toys- he especially loves the munchkin brand chewy foot.  I pop it in the fridge because he loves it best when it's chilled.  I'm sure that helps relieve some of what he's feeling.
Molly never used a pacifier or teething rings so it is an entirely new parenting experience for us!

I have had to give him Tylenol a few times when it's gotten so bad (again Molly never needed that)  and we go through a lot of oragel. I like the oragel naturals. Elmo is on the box and tube, who can pass up Elmo? Haha!   It really seems to help him so I reccomended anyone to just try it and see if it works for you!  Hubby accidentally picked up the night time formula, which we have never tried before so I am excited to give it a try tonight and report back will a full review in a few days!

What are some of your recommendations for teething? Did you notice a difference between your children?   I take this as another reminder not to compare kids.  Every kid grows and does things at their own pace. We should embrace it and take all these comparisons just as a learning lesson.  Add it to memory banks for the next babie to help us with the constant trial and error that comes with being a parent!


I've been busy with my two babies but I am excited to get back into blogging and YouTube!  We have two videos ready to go up soon. I am so excited for where are channel is going so stay tuned!!



**this is not a paid post all opinions are my own and all products discussed were purchased with my own money***

No comments:

Post a Comment