Friday, August 26, 2016

August is world breastfeeding month!  I've already shared my breastfeeding story about Molly, so now I will share what it's been like for me the second time around!

Caleb was born on January 6th and changed our worlds once again!  His labor and delivery was much easier, and his breastfeeding journey has been 100 times easier.  Caleb latched on minutes after being born, and at every feeding.  I was mind blown.  

As soon as we found out we were having a boy, everyone told us "boys are easier".  I don't know how true that is for everyone, but it has been for us.   From eating to sleeping he has been such a good baby.  Now, we could say it's because he's my second and I already know what I am doing but, I have been thrown for a loop because of all the differences.  I expected they would be the same.  Again a reminder not to compare babies! Every pregnancy and baby is different.

I was very pleased when Caleb would take a pacifier and a bottle (Molly never did) it made it much easier to go out or leave him for very short time periods (food shopping or a nap).  Then one day he decided "I'm over it!" And refused a bottle and only used a pacifier for a chew toy or something to hold on to.  This made me worried because I thought I could never do anything.  No events that said "no kids", no leaving him with anyone etc.  again, I was wrong.  He nurses very fast (about 10-15 mins) and pulls off when he's done.  He doesn't comfort nurse often and can go 2-4 hours with out needing any "booboo"

Caleb is currently 7 months old and still nursing.  Most nights he sleeps through the night but he will occasionally  wake for some "booboo time"    Molly nursed all day if she could.   His current schedule is:

-a morning feeding (I always hope he'll go back to sleep hehe)
-Breakfast (solids)
-nap
-after nap feeding
-snack
-nap
-feeding
-dinner (loves sweet potatoes!)
-bath time
-feeding
-sleep

What are some of your breastfeeding experiences? Feel free to share in the comments! Maybe you could help someone going through something similar!

No comments:

Post a Comment