Friday, July 25, 2014

REVIEW : Nelly Has Lost Her Baby by Nicole Rose





As most of you, I am always looking for great books to add to Molly's collection.  There are many things I look for in a children's book, that is age appropriate for my child.  The things I look for are the pictures, the colors, the wording and of course the moral or point of the story.

 I recently received a copy of Author Nicole Rose's new children's book, Nelly Has Lost Her Baby.  Nelly is an elephant, and as the title suggests she has "lost" her baby.  The story continues on as she tries to find her baby, and engages the reader by asking if you have seen her baby. Following along with the pictures you will see that her baby is with her the entire time. It's a good "i spy" type of book. As your child follows along they can spot where Nelly's baby may be on the page, and be interactive with helping Nelly. It kind of reminds me of a game I always play with Molly, I pretend I cant see her "Molly!!Anyone see Molly? Molly I cant find you!" she gets a kick out of it!! I think it is also really great that this is Nicole's first children's book and she illustrated it herself!

Over all I think the book is better for kids 2 and up.  Molly is a bit to young, and lost interest fast, but I would read it to her again later.  Molly likes things that are a little more colorful and cartoon like at this stage, as do most 14 month old. Based on Molly's interest I would rate this about a 2.5- 3 out of 5. Based on a 2-6 age group I would give it a 3.5  

Nicole is currently working on a second book and I hope she will write more books because, I would love to see how she grows as a Children's author over the years.

*NOTE: Nicole Rose does state her books are geared for the 2-6 age group.  I will read it again and give you an updated review and "molly rating"

*DISCLAIMER: All reviews on Mollysworld525 are my honest thoughts and opinions. I was not paid or sponsored to do any reviews unless noted

*UPDATE Nicole recently released her 2nd children book "Sammy Has Lost his Acorn"! If you liked "Nelly Has Lost her Baby" you will surely like this one too!!


If you are interested in adding these books to your child's library you can purchase it on amazon here :



You can follow Nicole Rose on facebook and keep up with her journey as a new author!



2 comments:

  1. I agree with your review. I think it covers everything. I too feel like there needs to be more color. But it's def a cute book for the older kids. I'm looking forward to her next book.

    ReplyDelete