Sunday, August 24, 2014

August is Breast Feeding Awareness Month NOT Bash Other Mothers Month!

Some of you may or may not know that August is the month for Breast Feeding Awareness. I have been seeing some really great posts out there and some really horrible and mean ones! It is really sad to say that as women we can't just support one another. We are all on this journey of motherhood, and it's a hard journey! I am late to posting anything about Breastfeeding awareness month because of all of the negative I have been seeing. Not only has there been negative posts from non-breast feeders but some breast feeding mommas out there are completely rude and hurtful! How can we expect people to understand us and to normalize breast feeding when you're shoving it down their throat? To me it is completely unacceptable to treat anyone like they are beneath you. How dare we as mothers mock and judge someone for NOT breastfeeding? I am saddened by the number of comments I have read bashing bottle feeding and formula feeding mommas. Ladies, I am sorry to tell you that it just doesn't work that way. We need to support one another, as mothers. You can not demand respect if you are not going to give it.

I 100% support breast feeding and I feel that breast is best, but I refuse to make someone feel bad or less of a mother because they couldn't do it. Go back to the beginning of your breast feeding journey, remember how hard it was? Remember every time you have been judged? How did that feel? Not good! So please think before you put out something so hurtful!!!!

Breast may be best but it may not be for everyone, and that's OK! There are many reasons as to why someone may not breastfeed. We should support other peoples choices and not scare people away. Don't get me wrong I want to normalize breastfeeding just as much as most of you, but I also am a big supporter of supporting other mommas no matter how they choose to feed their child! 

With all that being said bottle/formula feeding mommas: I support you, all I ask in return is that you support me. I will not judge you so please do not judge me!  There is no greater love then that of a mother. There is no law that says a child is loved less by the way they are fed. As mothers and as women we need to stand together. I can only wish that the hate and judgement will stop.


Happy, healthy, and loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment