Monday, August 18, 2014

How I pack for a weekend away in New England

Before Molly packing was much lighter, but here is how i pack to take a 14 month old on a week end trip to the Cape! I hope this is useful for your next weekend trip!

The essentials: diapers wipes toiletries

I didn't feel the need to bring all full size soaps and lotions on the trip. I purchased these TSA approved toiletry bottles at Target for just a few bucks. I found it helpful and I love how it came with stickers to label each bottle and a little plastic zipper bag to keep everything all together.
TIP: you can actually use these for your diaper bag too. Use them as refillable containers for hand sanitizer, sunscreen etc.

I got a free trial  of The Honest Company diapers and wipes so I brought those along with our regular diapers and wipes
so I could do a trail and review (next post)

I like to lay everything out before it goes in the bag that way i dont forget anything I try to make sure I have enough
clothes for each day PLUS a" just in case" outfit  Because its New England and the weather can change in the blink of an eye, i like to have two pairs of shoes and sweater. I almost always pack a pair of long pants also.


FUN STUFF! Cape Cod has beautiful beaches and you can go on vacation and not
have some swimming fun! Here I packed a bathing suit and hat to shield from the sun, a towel, and of course a bucket and assortment of digging tools, because what kid doesn't love to play in the sand?! Or if you have a husband like mine who loves to build sand castles for his princess haha! Unfortunately it rained and we had no beach days, but our hotel (The Cape Codder Resort--highly recommend it!)  had an indoor wave pool that we checked out! Molly was not a fan of the waves but daddy really got to enjoy himself, especially with the two water slides they had!

My "Just in case bag" is all the things that I might need. Like Motrin, oragel, and diaper rash ointment. You can never be too careful when you have a teething toddler. Id much rather already have these items in my diaper bag then have to run out somewhere in the middle of the night, and possibly not be able to find them!

 I hope my quick and easy way to pack was helpful to you! Check out instagram to see some pics of our trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment