Saturday, August 16, 2014

Boston heart walk 2014

Calling all kind hearted people!   In about 20 days I will be participating in the Boston Heart Walk to raise money for the American heart association.  

Why do I walk? I walk for my dad John. 



On January 19,1997 i turned 10 years old. That same day, I lost my father to a massive heart attack.  My entire world changed in the blink of an eye.  I remember that day so vividly and have terrible flashbacks of the moment my mom came in and said "dads gone".  Just like that? He was fine when we went to bed and then he was just gone? Now what?  Anger, hurt, sadness, and fear took over me.  A little helpless girl not knowing what to do.   There is nothing I can do to bring him back but, there are plenty of things I can do to keep his memory alive. Every year I walk this walk to do just that!  

To me my dad was everything.  He was awesome and cool and taught me some of the best things about life.  He was put on this earth to do great things and I believe he was taken to do even greater things. He'd give the shirt off his back to a stranger if they needed it.  Generous, kind, and extremely missed! 

Please help me in my efforts to stomp out heart disease and stroke by donating any amount that you can to the American heart association.  Team Sarchioni! 


Your support is greatly appreciated!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment