Friday, August 15, 2014

Review: EarthsBest Wholesome Breakfast cereal



First of all I want to thank EarthsBest for letting me try these new hot cereals for tots.   Lately Molly has been very picky with her food, so I really wanted to find something to give her that was healthy and filling.  

These are the two flavors that we tried. 
Quinoa and brown rice-sweet potato and cinnamon and oat and brownrice- punpkin vanilla (both were delish! Yes, I ate some too!) 

We started off with the sweet potato one, no reason as to why it's just the one I grabbed.  I made it using the microwave instructions and it was very simple! 2 table spoons of cereal and 1/3 cup of water. Microwave and stir repeat.  Super super easy!  It does get VERY hot so be careful! It seems watery at first, but while it cools it will thicken a little. 

Molly was a little confused at first.  She wasn't sure if she liked it, and she spit out the first bite. I gave her another spoonful and she still wasn't sure.  Turns out my little miss independent just wanted to do it herself!  I gave her the spoon and she ate the entire bowl!  I was one proud momma!!  After that her belly was so full she took a 2 1/2 hour nap! Now, in this house naps that long are few and far between! Molly never naps longer then an hour, so I was able to get tons of stuff done and even take a shower longer then 5 mins without interruptions!  So for that I must thank you EarthsBest. THANK YOU!!!! ;) 

Tip: I sometimes mix in bananas or raisins for a nice treat! You could add in any fruit your little one likes. 

Now for the vanilla pumpkin: she refuses to eat it as is. I have to mix in a banana or raisins for her to eat it.  Even then she just picks them out and tried to eat around the cereal.  The bananas and raisins got coated in the cereal, so she still was warring it. I don't know if it's because she didn't like it or if she just felt like eating it that way.  She was still getti a good amount of the cereal but once she finished the fruits she left the rest in the bowl.  I tasted it to see if it was too strong, or maybe the texture but I thought it was yummy and I finished it for her haha!  



All in all I thought the products were good and Molly seemed to like them for the most part.  These are also the perfect breakfast for a New England morning.  Soon we will be approaching fall and our miserable winters and I know we will be stocking up things like these to have nice wholesome meals :) 

The only negative I could find was : there could be a wider selection of flavors 

For more information on these products and other products from EarthsBest you can go to their website www.earthsbest.com


1 comment:

  1. I would definitely be tryin these cereals after reading your reviews. I think the added pictures are a great touch! The cereal looks yummy enough for an adult to eat. Adding the fruit is a great idea, I know I can only eat oatmeal with something extra added like bananas or strawberries.
    I look forward to your next post!!

    ReplyDelete