Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Review: Honest Company Diapers and Wipes


Okay! Here is my HONEST review of the Honest Company diapers and wipes.  I have always been very interesed in these diapers based on other reviews by Judy Travis (itsjudytime) and AprilAthena (apriljustintv). When it comes to mommy things they usually know whats up! So I finally decided to try it out. They offer a free trial on their products which is great, you just have to pay the shipping. The trial comes with 7 diapers and a trial pack of 10 wipes.

First of all, the diapers come in the most adorable designs for boys and girls and the trial came with an assortment. They let you pick the designs you like best if you decide to go with their bundles. Another plus is they claim to be "premium eco-friendly diapers" and we all could do a little more to help the environment right?

I took the diapers on a weekend trip to see how they would compare to my usual go to brand of PAMPERS.  I have to say, the absorbency is amazing! I found it to be a little bit more absorbent then the pampers swaddles, but non comparable to the pampers baby dry.  So far, I was loving them. Once it was time to change Molly's diaper I checked her skin for any reactions, and there was none. I took out the trial of wipes, and I wasn't too impressed. They were thinner, dryer, and a little rough compared to Pampers sensitive wipes. They were fine for number 1 but when it came to number 2,I found myself using more then i normally would, and they ran out quickly.

After changing Molly into the 2nd diaper, my enthusiasm for this brand started to dwindle. They kept falling off! No, they were not to big, but the Velcro tabs kept coming undone. A baby wearing a summer dress with her diaper just falling out the bottom was embarrassing. I put it back on and it just kept coming undone. I thought maybe that one was defective, so i changed her into another one. That one kept coming undone too! I was getting frustrated trying to figure out why that was happening, so I changed her again being super careful of how I put it on and sure enough that one kept coming undone too! Why are all these diapers not staying on? The first one didn't seem to have any issues. LIGHT BULB! I realized that while wearing the first one she was in her car seat for a long drive, for the others she was running around and wiggling and doing all things toddlers do. For me that just isn't going to work for me. I need something that will stay on and be able to move with her. I figure a lot of new time moms love them because newborns don't move like a 14 month old. I did a little more research and talked to some other moms and found i wasn't the only one having that issue.  So for now I will stick to my Pampers!

I had to call up Honest and cancel, because if you don't they will bill you and send you a bundle and your card will be charged $79. I explained my situation and the girl said that wasn't suppose to happen and there must have been some kind of defect. She did kindly offer to send me another trial which i declined. At this time I find it more effective and affordable to stay with Pampers.If I do decide to give the diapers another try TARGET carries them now, so I would just grab a pack from there. I am not completely opposed to trying other Honest products, in fact I have been hearing good things about their cleaning supplies. We are also in the very early stages of potty training, so maybe Honest training pants will also be an option for us.

Id love to hear other moms views on these brands. Did they work for you? Let me know below!

If you are interested in checking it out for yourself check out The Honest Company and get a free trial!
If you like it share with friends!


2 comments:

  1. I definitely am an Honest devotee. I never had the velcro issue, and I like them because I definitely think they're more absorbent than other brands. I don't like to use Pampers, especially the Baby Dry, which have been linked to chemical burns in a lot of kids. The ingredients they use in most diapers is really questionable and it's things that they banned from Tampons in the 80's due to being so dangerous (although I still don't use regular brand Tampons either...I go organic there as well). Anyway, point being is, I do like Honest, their customer service is great, and the products I do find to work very well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your input! I did see that about baby dry diapers, i stopped using them for awhile.Molly is very sensitive and has never had a problem with them. The CPSC reported that there was no real link to the diapers and the rashes http://www.aboutlawsuits.com/pampers-dry-max-diaper-rash-cpsc-report-12586/

      I am thinking of trying out the honest training pants when the time is right!:)

      Delete