Tuesday, August 6, 2013

To pierce!!!!!

Well we did it! We stuck to our plan and we got Molly's ears pierced.  She did such a good job. Of course she cried but it only lasted about 5 or 10 mins and she fell right to sleep.  I called the pediatrician before hand to ask if we should give her anything before or after the piercing.  They said she won't need it but if there's a chance she does give her infant Tylenol ONCE and not continuously   Well she didn't even need it!  After she woke up she was smiling and playing and her ears don't seem to bother her at all! I've cleaned them and twisted them already and she doesn't cry   Maybe we just got lucky? I don't know but I'd say it was a good experience.  

We went to Claire's at the square one mall in Saugus, Ma.  They were amazing! A very nice girl named Hong pierced Molly's ears.  She was so gentle and really knew what she was doing.  It was very comforting to me because I was so nervous.  And yes I cried!  My husband sat in the chair with Molly while hong marked her ears and then pierced them with the cutest 14k gold balls. She gave us very specific instruction on how to care for her ears the next 6-8 weeks and gave us a big bottle of solution to clean them with.  She told us in an hour or two to tighten the earrings just a bit.  Yeah I was freaking out lol! 
We walked around the mall a little and then went back into Claire's and we didn't even have to ask Hong already knew "you want me to tighten them for you?"  She was really great. So if you live in that area I highly recommend going to the Claire's at square one mall and ask for Hong or Reena    They take their time and understand a baby is very delicate!  

How old were you when you got your ears pierced? What about your daughters? 

I was 7 and I remember it as the most horrible experience   I only let them do one ear and I bolted so fast out the door.  I had to be held down to get the second one.   So I am happy with my decision to get Molly's ears pierced as a baby.  She already forgot about it, and she is perfectly fine.   As for people who say "it's their body, their choice" well ..... Until Molly is 18 she's our daughter we make her decisions for her, and as long as we're confident in the decisions were making for her then that's all that matters.  

If you do decide to get them done at a young age I suggest dressing the baby in her pjs   I was nervous Molly would be tender or a little sore some didn't want to have to pull anything over her head and ears.  Pjs just button down the front and some are so cute they look like a little outfit anyways!  

Molly just received the bumbo seat as a gift.  I will have a review up soon! 

Don't forget to follow and like me on Facebook and twitter

@mollysworld525(twitter) 

Molly's world--mommy blog (Facebook)

No comments:

Post a Comment