Thursday, August 29, 2013

Molly's first plane ride!

Molly's first plane ride was better then expected!  She didn't even cry and enjoyed taking off! We only went from Boston to Philly so it was only about an hour flight. After taking off she fell right to sleep.  Because my husband works for an airline we fly standby so we don't always get seats together.   Luckily we got an ENTIRE row and they allowed us to bring the car seat on so Molly had her own seat!  And the same on the way home!  We just checked her stroller and were good to go! 

We landed in Philly and Molly stayed fast asleep all the way from the airport to the train ride to the 5 block walk to the liberty bell! Lol.  We decided to stop in the visitors center and check out what we could do that would be "Molly friendly".  We decided to purchase tickets for the "big bus tour" it was a double decker tour bus that took us to all the best sights in Philly.  There was about 20 stops and you could hop on and off as much as you wanted throu out the day.  We stopped at the Betsy Ross house, love park, and reading terminal market to name a few.   We got on and took the entire 90 minute tour to get all the info and then decided where we wanted to stop.  Molly did great she was looking out the windows and even slept a bit.  I think it was great to take her somewhere and we will always look back and say "when you were 3 months old you went on your first trip".  I saved her plane tickets and pamphlets and maps of the things we did to add to her s rap book along with all the pictures we took of her.   I have those monthly stickers for her with a cute little ladybug on them. So we kept her"3month" sticker on her for a good part of the day so it's in all the pictures! :) 

What was in my carry on?  Well we only went for the day so all we brought was her diaper bag! I layered the bottom with wipes and diapers. Next I put extra outfits (poop explosions can happen anywhere!)  then a light blanket followed by another layer of diapers and then a changing pad. On the inside pockets I left her a&d ointment and daily moisturizer,  hat and some socks (have to be prepared for any change in weather!) our diaper bag also has a side "wipe" pocket on the outside so I had extra wipe case in there (again you never know!) on the other side I had my wristlet. I kept everything as handy as possible because I didn't know what the bathrooms would be like or if anything would be baby friendly.  Luckily almost every bathroom was!  Airport security even complimented me on how I packed they bag, they felt bad for having to go through it! 

I'm sure not every trip will go as well and I feel very lucky to not be the passenger with the screaming baby on a 6am flight! Haha.   Next trip? Washington, D.C.!   We plan to take short trips and eventually go into longer flights with her.   I want her to be comfortable flying (unlike I was my first long flight!) and maybe never be the screaming kid on the plane! Haha.  

We did post our first giveaway on our Facebook page.  I decided to leave it open until our goal is achieved.  Even if it takes 10 years! ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment